From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation Resolutions Should Not Include Project Bylaws Clause
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 01:03:16 GMT
Greg,

I agree with Justin.

I know from experience what the “defaults” are, but to a newcomer, it’s likely anything
but clear. The project-specific ones you reference make no reference to being bylaws, hence
my description of them as “policy.”

If we could clearly delineate between Foundation Bylaws and Project Bylaws, with both preferably
outlined on a single page, I think that would help resolve some of the confusion.

-Taylor

> On Sep 2, 2018, at 7:57 PM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> There are two types of "bylaws" at the Foundation level. The official ones
>> you're referring to, and the project ones under dev/ (the "how it works"
>> stuff).
>
> And the issue with the later is not 100% clear what they are, and while they are mostly
documented in various places and reasonably well understood there’s some cracks and some
things are open to interpretation. While having “the default" certainly works in just about
all cases, it can fall down in situations where it’s probably most needed.

> It could possibly be a good idea, if the board took a look as some existing TLP projects
bylaws, picked a set they agree with and we could made that the default set for new projects
to use.