From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Pulsar (incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 21:22:50 GMT
Hi,

>> I'm curious to why organisations are mention on the team page [2]
>
> I think we've followed what other projects are doing. e.g.
> https://spark.apache.org/committers.html
>
> Any ASF policy on this that we can follow?

Well projects should be independent [1] and lists who works for who may make some question
that, Who you work for  should have no relevance on an Apache project and I would not expect
it to be listed on a team page.

Re actually policy on this then yes [2] and in particular [3] Note:
"Should not include corporate affiliations of actual contributors. Committers are expected
to participate in Apache projects as individuals, and not as representatives of any employers.
Including corporate affiliations on pages that are primarily about the community of individuals
on a project can give the wrong impression to new community members about the fact that projects
are managed by PMCs of individuals, and not managed by outside organizations."

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://community.apache.org/projectIndependence.html
2. https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking