From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Absent mentors
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 03:52:43 GMT
Thanks for doing this, Justin. It must have taken quite a while.
You've convinced me that missing sign-off is a reasonable proxy for
mentor disengagement.

Just curious: As you were reviewing lists looking for mentor activity,
did you learn anything about patterns of mentor behavior? Are there
any lessons we can learn?

Julian

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 7:36 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So I went through the tedious task of checking activity on the mailing list in the last
6 months for all possible absent mentors (being those who have missed a number of reports).
I may of made some mistakes but it look like that missing 3 reports n a row correlates quite
well with mentors being absent. (about 80% or so).

> While this doesn’t tell who is just signing off report and otherwise being absent but
I think that a good start.