From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Email to be sent to inactive mentors
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 15:55:40 GMT
On 17 September 2018 at 12:10, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Maybe I am missing something here, but how would GitHub contributions contribute
to mentoring?

> Well I thought it wouldn't which is why I didn’t include it, but as some projects use
GitHub issues a lot, so some stuff tends to get discussed there rather than on the dev list.

"If it did not happen on a mailing list then it did not happen"
If the GitHub issues are not being copied to the mailing lists, then
again I don't see how that contributes to the mentoring process.

> There’s a few other factors in this case, but I think it’s on it way to being sorted.
I'll bring it to the mentors attention and see what they think. (Sorry for being obtuse, but
this is a public list.)