From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Graduation Resolutions Should Not Include Project Bylaws Clause
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2018 23:57:08 GMT
Hi,

> There are two types of "bylaws" at the Foundation level. The official ones
> you're referring to, and the project ones under dev/ (the "how it works"
> stuff).

And the issue with the later is not 100% clear what they are, and while they are mostly documented
in various places and reasonably well understood there’s some cracks and some things are
open to interpretation. While having “the default" certainly works in just about all cases,
it can fall down in situations where it’s probably most needed.

It could possibly be a good idea, if the board took a look as some existing TLP projects bylaws,
picked a set they agree with and we could made that the default set for new projects to use.

Thanks,
Justin