From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Incubator Workshop
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2018 22:54:25 GMT
Hi,

> For my part, most courseware is just an *extremely* slow form of reading. I
> really don't need to have somebody read to me.

I tend to agree I also prefer to read something than watch a video, when I do I using speed
it up. However different people learn in different ways. Currently we have a couple of ways
people learn this stuff; from the website, by guidance by mentors, discussion on mailing lists,
and possibly from conferences or conference recordings. I’ve just finished a qualification
in adult learning and some of the biggest takeaways from it was people learn in differs ways
but learn best when exposed to a a variety of ways and the effectiveness of the “do it fast”,
“do it slow”, “let them do it” method for learning practical skills.

Thanks,
Justin