From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Pulsar (incubating) as a TLP
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 03:38:45 GMT
Hi Justin,

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 11, 2018, at 2:22 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> I'm curious to why organisations are mention on the team page [2]
>>
>> I think we've followed what other projects are doing. e.g.
>> https://spark.apache.org/committers.html
>>
>> Any ASF policy on this that we can follow?
>
> Well projects should be independent [1] and lists who works for who may make some question
that, Who you work for  should have no relevance on an Apache project and I would not expect
it to be listed on a team page.

I think that this is debatable. I’d love to discuss it. In the case of Pulsar it has been
important in showing independence. Mentors and even Sally have worked through a couple of
situations in the podling. She has offered to help out with a graduation announcement. We
will make sure we clean up creator language.

> Re actually policy on this then yes [2] and in particular [3] Note:
> "Should not include corporate affiliations of actual contributors. Committers are expected
to participate in Apache projects as individuals, and not as representatives of any employers.
Including corporate affiliations on pages that are primarily about the community of individuals
on a project can give the wrong impression to new community members about the fact that projects
are managed by PMCs of individuals, and not managed by outside organizations."

We will cleanup this page on graduation.

I’ll start the VOTE in the morning.

Regards,
Dave