From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): python, php and swift runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 20:46:34 GMT
HI,

> This is not correct. The vote must run for at least 72 hours regardless of when the number
of votes is reached.

Correct the vote doesn’t end when it get the required number of votes. I guess you could
possibly close it early if the entire PPMC/IPMC voted on it but I can’t see that happening
:-). It’s usual to keep a vote open for 72 hours to give everyone a chance to respond, but
there may be situations, such as fixing a critical security bug, were less time is asked for.
Note the SHOULD rather than MUST at [1].

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval