From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-RC2
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 01:26:40 GMT
Hi,

> Check our two major code branches,
> - master https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking

In which README no longer contains any build instruction or direct pointers to them. I don’t
think this is an improvement.

So now I need to stop looking at the terminal, open up a browser, goto GitHub and look at
the README.md there. I need to know to click on “Documents”, one page into that content,
then read through two pages before finding a link on building, click on that and then read
how to build from GitHub (not what I want) and then finally find after that it’s a single
line "./mvnw clean package -DskipTests”. Why not just put that single line in the README?

> - 5.x https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/tree/5.x

As above.

Thanks,
Justin