From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Zipkin for Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2018 12:48:03 GMT
It will be great to write blog about why change, it will help a lot of people . Adrian. :)

And I want to post the discussion about coming into Apache in this time. https://github.com/openzipkin/zipkin/issues/2152
Have most of the Zipkin core committers(as same as initial committer list) to take part in
the discussion and vote.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From:  "asf"<asf@shanecurcuru.org>;
Date:  Fri, Aug 17, 2018 07:36 PM
To:  "general"<general@incubator.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [PROPOSAL] Zipkin for Apache Incubator

Adrian Cole wrote on 8/17/18 5:29 AM:
> I would like to propose Zipkin as an Apache Incubator project.
>
> The text of the proposal can be found below as well as on the Incubator wiki:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ZipkinProposal

Glad to see this come through!

One thing I'd like to point out is the thoughtful process OpenZipkin
went through in deciding to make the proposal.  Adrian led the community
through really figuring out what the community needed, and evaluated
either coming to the ASF, going to CNCF, or staying independent:

  https://github.com/openzipkin/openzipkin.github.io/issues/51

This is the kind of thing that would be great to write a blog post about
(from anyone, really) that the IPMC could point to as an example of how
different communities decided to come to the ASF.

--

- Shane
  Director & Member