From "Vincent S Hou" <s...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): Client Go and CLI 0.9.0 [RC1]
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:53:16 GMT
Justin,

The expression "the code was donated" actually means the original authors have given up the
copyright, and all the source code has been put under the Apache license and the copyright
of Apache foundation. Original authors and parties would not claim any copyright any more.
In this case, I do not think we still need to update the notice file for the copyright issue.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (δΎ―θƒœεš)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

-----Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote: -----
To: general@incubator.apache.org
From: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Date: 08/14/2018 05:22AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): Client Go and CLI 0.9.0 [RC1]

Hi,

+1 binding but I think NOTICE file(s) needs updating.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hashed good
- DISCLAIMER(s) exist
- LICENSE is OK
- NOTICE is missing some text I believe relocated copyrights
- No unexpected binary files in source releases
- can compile from source

In CREDITS.txt it notes that the code was donated by "IBM copyright dated 2015-2016”, I
assume these donated files would of had a copyright header in them and that should of been
transferred to the NOTICE file. See 1(b) of [1].

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers