From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module 0.9.8
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 12:44:14 GMT
+1 (binding)

> On Aug 27, 2018, at 11:04 AM, Vincent S Hou <shou@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Dear IPMC members,
>
> This is a call for vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module, Version
0.9.8.

> The Apache OpenWhisk community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache
OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy, Version 0.9.8.

> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this incubator
release.

> Apache OpenWhisk Wskdeploy is a utility to help you describe and deploy any part of the
OpenWhisk programming model using a Manifest file written in YAML.

> OpenWhisk Wskdeploy vote thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b2beb87458fca80d326725b8fb0e92d533f90b784f7c2cc5bbd84c31@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E
>
> OpenWhisk Wskdeploy vote result thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/caea29e3b3c8ea56f5bb3e40ee4b57153787ef193dc64ff63024230b@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E
>
> This release comprises of source code distribution only.
>
> The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Wskdeploy can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.8-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-wskdeploy-0.9.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz
>
> The SHA-512 checksum for OpenWhisk Wskdeploy is
> openwhisk-wskdeploy-0.9.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
> B1979B93 573BB04B B495FA1A 8D0C1D93 ACD6371D 96BED392 A47D972C 6232AE41 0E1FA1DF
> DB79D4AA B2D10F87 1942ED94 BF83A200 6D82EABB 2BCE951C 31B5A8D3
>
> which can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.8-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-wskdeploy-0.9.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512
>
> The signature for OpenWhisk Wskdeploy can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.8-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-wskdeploy-0.9.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc
>

> KEYS file is available at:
> https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openwhisk/KEYS
> This key has been validated here: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=houshengbo&op=index
>
> This is the first time that Apache OpenWhisk: wskdeploy request for a release, so there
is no file of CHANGELOG.

> How to verify the artifacts can be found at:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/How+to+verify+the+release+checklist+and+vote+on+OpenWhisk+modules+under+Apache
>
> We are currently using the tool called openwhisk-release(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release)
to release all the modules of OpenWhisk. The instruction for release managers can be found
at: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/release_instructions.md.
This tool
> supports  both manual and automated modes to package the source code, sign the  artifacts
and upload the artifacts into Apache SVN repositories.