From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC3]
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2018 12:39:21 GMT
On 16 August 2018 at 12:56, Jun Liu <liujun@apache.org> wrote:
>> Better to get the key from the KEYS file.
>
> I think that would be:
> 1. download and import the KEYS from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS>
> 2. gpg2 --verify dubbo-incubating-2.6.2-source-release.zip.asc dubbo-incubating-2.6.2-source-release.zip
>
> Is that right?

Looks OK.

I use a temporary file as the keyring to ensure that the key is
actually present in the file, e.g.

RING=/tmp/keyring.$$
gpg2 --keyring $RING --no-default-keyring --import KEYS
 gpg2 --keyring $RING --no-default-keyring --verify ...

> What is the exact command to specify the key to use when have multiple keys locally?

I don't know if it's possible to specify the key to be used.

But by starting with an empty keyring one can check that the right key
is in the KEYS file.

> Best regards,
> Jun
>
>> On 15 Aug 2018, at 20:52, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 15 August 2018 at 03:56, Jun Liu <liujun@apache.org <mailto:liujun@apache.org>>
wrote:
>>> Here're some tips of how to verify the RC:
>>>
>>> 1. Check signatures and hashes are good
>>>        sha512 dubbo-incubating-${release_version}-bin-release.zip.sha512
>>>        sha512 dubbo-incubating-${release_version}-source-release.zip.sha512
>>>        gpg2 --keyserver pgpkeys.mit.edu <http://pgpkeys.mit.edu/> --recv-key
208B0AB1D63011C7

>> Better to get the key from the KEYS file.
>>
>>>        gpg2 --verify dubbo-incubating-2.6.2-source-release.zip.asc dubbo-incubating-2.6.2-source-release.zip
>>>
>>> 2. Unzip dubbo-incubating-${release_version}-source-release.zip to the default
directory and check the following:
>>>        • Directory with 'incubating' in name dubbo-incubating-${release_version}-bin-release
>>>        • DISCLAIMER exists
>>>        • LICENSE and NOTICE exists and contents are good
>>>        • All files and no binary files exist
>>>        • All files has standard ASF License header
>>>        • Can compile from source
>>>        • All unit tests can pass
>>>                mvn clean test # This will run all unit tests
>>>                mvn clean install -Drat.skip=false -Dcheckstyle.skip=false # Open
rat and style plugin to check if every file meets requirements.
>>>        • Release candidates match with corresponding tags, you can find tag
link and hash in vote email.

>>> 3. Unzip dubbo-incubating-${release_version}-bin-release.zip and check:
>>>        * 'incubating' in name
>>>        * LICENSE and NOTICE exists and contents are good
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Jun

Apache Dubbo (Incubating) version 2.6.3.

RPC framework. Dubbo offers three key functionalities, which include interface based remote
call, fault tolerance & load balancing, and automatic service registration & discovery.