From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Poddlings length of time in the incubator
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2018 17:17:24 GMT
On 26/08/18 02:30, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I’ve discussed this some on the ODF toolkit dev list. Development was recently
moved to Git. The Incubator needs to decide if we will turnover the domains that were donated
in 2011 by IBM(?) to the only consistent developer. If that is true then we can quickly let
them retire, but survive on Github.

> I also saw you mentioned it in a previous incubator report for the podling. What are
the domain names in question? I think doing as you suggested sounds like a good idea do you
want to take that back to the PPMC and discuss and/or vote on doing that.

> Any other IPMC members think differently?

The podling PMC can make a recommendation but the decision to release a
domain name to a third party needs the approval of VP Brand Management.

We also need to find the transfer agreements (if any) for those domains
to see what the ASF agreed to at the time of donation. It is not unheard
of for such agreements to include a clause that ownership reverts to the
donor if the podling does not graduate.

Mark