From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.10.0
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2018 14:15:22 GMT
On 20 July 2018 at 10:45, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
> Would you be ok if I replace the binary package and add those files? I can do that without
touching the source package. As such I think it would not require a revote at the PMC.

Personally, no, I don't think that would be acceptable.

A VOTE thread is about a particular set of artifacts; you cannot
change any of them without restarting the vote.
Otherwise the vote is invalid.

But I would wait to see if others agree with me.

> Cheers
> Bolke
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
>
>> Op 20 jul. 2018 om 11:17 heeft sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> On 19 July 2018 at 11:16, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Sebb,
>>>
>>> Gotcha. The vote considers the source package, but arguably the binary package
is pretty close. The binary package does contain a LICENSE and NOTICE file, it misses the
specific (license)files mentioned in the LICENSE file. The list normally would also be different
between source and binary as some of the files (code) do not end up in the binary package
(ie. from tests).

>>> So adding the “license” folder to the binary package is on the list, but
I hope you allow us to do this for the next release as it is just a convenience package really.

>>> What say you?
>>
>> I am not keen on approving an artifact without the required N&L files.
>> Given that it is a convenience package, you could just delete it and
>> release the source alone.
>>
>> Do others think it's OK to let it be downloaded as is without the
>> required files?
>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Bolke

voted upon. The source package does contain

good idea so we will do so next release. Tests are not included in the binary release for
obvious reasons.

and the

Release Candidate

Rich command line