From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the right procedure of making all mentor to be PPMC
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:37:59 GMT
At the start of the project's incubation, this can be set up quite
informally by just deciding on a list of initial members.

After the incubation is further along, a bit more formality is a good idea.
At that point, have a vote, proclaim a result and be done. There is no firm
line that determines when more formality is a good thing.

As a project leaves incubation, there is an opportunity to tune the PMC and
committer membership one last time. Commonly a few people will drop out at
that time due to constraints on their time.