From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - July 2018
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 07:54:35 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 1:36 PM Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I want to get this out there. I do not know why everyone is stuck on
> gossip....

It's not "everyone" - Josh who's a Gossip mentor says:

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 6:44 PM Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:
> ...We've gone through many months where the only traffic I've seen on the
> mailing list are the report reminders....

You are right that some TLPs have little activity, but they also don't
use much volunteer energy beyond people who are involved in them.

Podlings, on the other hand, consume energy from the Incubator and
from its mentors, so we don't want podlings to stay inactive for long
- a podling needs to be working and growing towards graduation, to
make space for other podlings in a reasonable time.

Retiring from graduation does not mean failure - the Apache model does
not fit all projects and communities, there's no shame in continuing
work elsewhere if incubation is not progressing.

I don't know much about Gossip, speaking in general terms only.

-Bertrand