From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.10.0
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2018 01:03:11 GMT
Hi,

-1 (binding) because of GPL dependancy

I checked the source release:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hash good but please remove md5 hashes and don’t publish then
- DISCLAIMER exists
- Year in NOTICE is not correct "2016 and onwards” isn’t valid as copyright has an expiry
date
- NOTICE and LICENSE have a couple of minor issues (see below)
- Several files look to have incorrect headers with copyright lines [8][9][10] Are these actually
3rd party files?
- No unexpected binary files
- Failed to install, probably my set up. Would be nice to note python version required and
supported OS’s in INSTALL.

LICENSE is:
- missing jQuery clock [3] and typeahead [4], as they are ALv2 it’s not required to list
them but it’s a good idea to do so.
- missing the license for this [5]
- this file [7] oddly has © 2016 GitHub, Inc.at the bottom of it

This files [1][2] seem to be 3rd party ALv2 licensed files that refers to a NOTICE file, that
information in that NOTICE file (at the very least the copyright into) should be in your NOTICE
file. This should also be noted in LICENSE.

I also find it very odd that the GPL dependancy unidecode is opt out, rather than opt in (ie
the user has to do something to not get it) and that makes it non optional IMO [6].  Can you
explain why it was done this way and I’ll consider changing my vote.

Thanks,
Justin

1. /airflow/security/utils.py
2. ./airflow/security/kerberos.py
3. ./airflow/www_rbac/static/jqClock.min.js
4. ./airflow/www/static/bootstrap3-typeahead.min.js
5. ./apache-airflow-1.10.0rc2+incubating/scripts/ci/flake8_diff.sh
6. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional
7. ./docs/license.rst
8. airflow/contrib/auth/backends/google_auth.py
9. /airflow/contrib/auth/backends/github_enterprise_auth.py
10. /airflow/contrib/hooks/ssh_hook.py
11. /airflow/minihivecluster.py