From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.10.0
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:16:00 GMT
Hi Sebb,

Gotcha. The vote considers the source package, but arguably the binary package is pretty close.
The binary package does contain a LICENSE and NOTICE file, it misses the specific (license)files
mentioned in the LICENSE file. The list normally would also be different between source and
binary as some of the files (code) do not end up in the binary package (ie. from tests).

So adding the “license” folder to the binary package is on the list, but I hope you allow
us to do this for the next release as it is just a convenience package really.

What say you?

Cheers
Bolke

> On 19 Jul 2018, at 10:33, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 19 July 2018 at 09:15, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Yang,
>>
>> The source package is the one was voted upon with the PMC and is under vote now.
>> The binary package is just a convenience package and not the artefact voted upon.
The source package does contain
>> the files.
>
> However if you release the binary package, it must have NOTICE and
> LICENSE files, and these must agree with the contents of the package.
>
>> * kerberos: airflow/api/auth/backend/kerberos_auth.py
>> * elasticmock: tests/utils/log/elasticmock
>> * licenses: licenses/
>>
>> Adding the “licenses/“ folder to the binary package is probably a good idea so
we will do so next release. Tests are not included in the binary release for obvious reasons.