From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Committer/PPMC votes
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2018 09:03:09 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 2:20 AM Hen <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
> ...My assumption is that the rules for voting for an Apache member are the
> same as for voting for a PMC member or a committer. Ideally there are no
> -1s, but at the end of the day it’s a majority vote....

That's my understanding: there are no vetoes except for code changes
as per https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

However, a -1 when electing someone needs to be taken seriously, most
projects that I know do consider it a soft veto...best IMO is to ask
the voter if they agree to change to a -0, indicating that they are
not enthusiastic but not opposed either.

And if that doesn't work, find out if it's just a minority position
(that we must accept does happen sometimes) or if there's really a
serious problem to address.

Hope this helps...
-Bertrand