From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] IP Clearance
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2018 17:46:24 GMT
Hi -

I think that the IP Clearance process has become very much a bureaucratic process where the
IPMC is contributing little of value. Very seldom is there any feedback provided.

(1) It is separate from the SGA process for new podlings, but it is similar in that the Secretary
will record the SGA and/or CCLA.
(2) The documentation is confusing about whether or not podlings need to follow it or not.
(3) Top Level Projects are supposed to understand how to clear IP as that is a major part
of the incubation process. If there are any questions the legal-discuss mailing list and JIRA
are available.
(4) The Incubator is already stretched to provide Mentoring to all of our Podlings and IP
Clearance seems to be off topic and not really scalable.
(5) Once a TLP graduates from the Incubator it seems regressive to have to go back unless
there is a Community around the grant to be Incubated. That would lead to a Podling Proposal
and not IP Clearance.

I think that the IPMC should recommend to the Board that this recording process be fully moved
to the Secretary.

Regards,
Dave