From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.2.0 release RC2
Date Sat, 12 May 2018 07:26:16 GMT
Hi,

> I think we should be good to add the header for Apache v2.0 license:
>> src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/cpu_ctc.h
>> src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/ctc_helper.h
>> src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/gpu_ctc.h
>> src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/gpu_ctc_kernels.h
>> src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/hostdevice.h
>
> Please confirm.

Sounds good to me.

> For the docs directory, we did something similar to what other popular
> Apache projects like spark did:
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/master/docs. (adding docs directory to
> rat-excludes)

Just because a TLP does something doesn't mean it’s right, the Spark NOTICE file for instance
is a right mess. ASF policy is clear on what should be done if you include docs in a release.
[1]

> At this point I want to ask you what your blocking concerns are.
> Is it only the CC-BY-2.5 license for DevGuide.md in googletest submodule or
> is it also the missing headers for contrib and the broad rat excludes ?

My -1 vote is not a blocker to the release as I said before if you get 3 +1 votes and more
+1 than -1 you can release if you want to.

IMO (and others may have differing opinions) the missing headers can be fixed in a later release.
The main issue is inclusion of Category B content in a non binary form in the release.

Thanks,
Justin