From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Publishing Maven artifacts under third-party coordinates (was: Set up Nexus staging profile for Dubbo ...)
Date Wed, 09 May 2018 08:33:56 GMT
Hi,

>> ...The maven artifact is the most significant for most of the Dubbo
>> users, so we want to include a maven artifact in the release....
>
> Binaries are NOT part of Apache Releases, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Apache Dubbo is aware of that and it has been made clear on the dev list several times. The
context above is that it’s users are not aware of that (currently) and not all want to compile
from source. Other projects (ie Apache Flex or Apache Open Office) face the same issue, although
probably to a greater extent.

> Dubbo mentors, I think we need a clear description of how these
> "hybrid" releases are done, to avoid any misunderstandings.

The release process will be documented as part of the release to document and help future
release managers.

Here’s two threads on the release [1][2] that might help. (Note most of the emails there
predates this discussion).

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/114d04c1aaa8141ba99ef14bc75081c512989b55c9b0a81636704fa6@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E