From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Minified Javascript in source releases (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.1.0.rc3)
Date Mon, 21 May 2018 07:52:39 GMT
Hi,

> Javascript code that is minified or combined in any major way is much more
> like binary code in that respect. It is true that somebody *could* inspect
> the correlation, but it is not true that this inspection is either normally
> done or easily done.

Thanks Ted I’ve not thought of it in that way before. I've seen several source releases
that include minified javascript I'm just curious what people think about this.

Do people think it OK to include minified JS in a source release if:
1. It's ASF developed code and the full unminified source code is included as well.
2. The minified JS is 3rd party code, is identified by version (and thus can be checked via
a comparison with the canonical minified version)

Thanks,
Justin