From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 RC1 (incubating) rc1
Date Sat, 26 May 2018 13:14:39 GMT
Hi,

Sorry but it -1 binding from me as the source release contains compiled code. It’s not an
open source release if it contains jars that contain compiled code e.g. [1][2] And before
you ask there is no exception for test resources. If you need compiled code make it compile
as part of the build process. Even worse the release also looks to contain compiled code here
 [3] and there are also several class files  included[4][5][6][7][8]. There are several other
files and archives that look like compiled code. I have to ask how did the vote get past the
PPMC and it’s mentors with these issues? And what can be done so this doesn't happen again?
Please check that your rat exclusions have not been set to too wide and rat shovel pick up
these issues.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/dummy-signed-twice.jar
2. ./autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/dummy-signed.jar
3.  ./mercurial/test/qa-functional/data/JavaApp_repo.zip
4. ./nbi/engine/src/org/netbeans/installer/utils/applications/TestJDK.class
5. ./classfile/test/unit/src/regression/datafiles/test91098.class
6. ./classfile/test/unit/src/regression/datafiles/left-square.class
7. ./classfile/test/unit/src/regression/datafiles/SwitchData.class