From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.2 [RC1]
Date Mon, 21 May 2018 07:59:53 GMT
Hi,

> As I cannot build the binary without doing some changes on the pom file, I
> had to vote -1 (binding) here.

You don’t need to modify the pom file to compile you can specify -Dcheckstyle.skip to compile
id check style is acting up for you.

Up to you if you want to vote -1 but I just want to remind people here (mostly the Dubbo PMC
who are new to this) that:
- a -1 vote is not a veto (but should be carefully considered)
- a release only need 3 +1 votes and more +1 than -1 to pass
- you can vote +0 or change you vote if you think the issue can be fixed next release

> 2. I checked the source zip[1], it is not same with github tag one[2].
> There are some log files and empty directories which is not in the git
> repo, I guess it relates to the builder's workspace.

Which is OK many project release are not 100% identical to what is in the release tar what
is important is that none of the source code has changed.

Thanks,
Justin