From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.2.0 release RC2
Date Sat, 12 May 2018 06:38:51 GMT
Hi,

> In contrib/, I found a few files which don't have a license or have a
> license but not the full text:
>  src/operator/contrib/psroi_pooling-inl.h
>  src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/cpu_ctc.h
>  src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/ctc_helper.h
>  src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/gpu_ctc.h
>  src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/gpu_ctc_kernels.h
>  src/operator/contrib/ctc_include/detail/hostdevice.h

Well they do have a license it’s just unclear what it is as they have no header. Do you
know where those files came from and how they were licensed?

> In docs/ directory, the files that don't have a license are the .md, .html,
> .js , .css, .svg.
> I am assuming that these files don't need a license and thus we are good to
> put them in rat excludes file.

.js files are code and as such should have a header either [1] or [2]. The html files should
have a header also [4]. There’s only a few exception for file not having headers [3]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party