From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Challenges using Gitbox
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 22:48:34 GMT
On 04/11/2018 09:58 PM, Ted Dunning wrote:

>> 3. The mailing list is a bit dated.
>

> Totally true.  Pony helps a bit: https://lists.apache.org/
>
> But not all that much.
>
> Spam shouldn't be much of a problem (it isn't on other lists that I have
> been part of). Aside from self-inflicted spam like notifications, that is.
>
> SE is definitely poor. Pony makes the list more searchable, but not as well
> as a Google thing.

I think this is a matter of newness and prominence, not as much whether
the pony is good or bad. I can easily google stuff on there if I search
for "site:lists.apache.org fosdem 2018" and read up on fosdem topics
(Google knows how to crawl it)...but there are some 20 million emails to
index on a relatively new sub domain, and that's probably gonna take a
while. It will very likely change and be easier in the future, but I've
no idea how fast that'll happen.

Anyway, as we always say, patches welcome :). If people have improvement
suggestions, we'll gladly accept them at the pony mail project. There
are several major overhauls on the drawing board, but with many users
and very few contributors, this moves along quite slowly.

With regards,
Daniel.