From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Default webpages for new podlings
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:27:05 GMT
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 7:04 AM Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:26 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...FWIW, Jekyll is pretty heavily used across projects....
>
> Yes, it's good to have a suggested default for this.
>
> OTOH the nice thing about the current setup is that people can use
> whatever tool they want to create content: from emacs^H^H^H^H^H vi to
> Jekyll, JBake, Pelican and many others there's choice depending on
> people's preferences and that's great.

I don't believe this precludes using other tools.  One of the things I
learned from how ASF did CMS, its very useful to have a common entry
point.  If everything remains wrapped in a checked in build script
(Jenkinsfile, shell script or otherwise) to avoid impacting your build
tool, you're fine using the programming model.