From toki <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Challenges using Gitbox
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 19:13:03 GMT
On 04/11/2018 06:11 PM, Maxime Beauchemin wrote:

> 3. The mailing list is a bit dated. I'm saying "a bit" here as an attempt ...
> searchable. Something like Google Groups would be a huge step forward here.

I'd suggest Groups.IO over Google Groups, if only because one of its
features is: "Integration with other services, including: Github, Google
Hangouts, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook Pages, and the ability to import
Feeds into your groups."

Downside # 1 is that Apache would have to go with either the Premium or
Enterprise option, at US$110/year or US$2200/year, respectively.
Furthermore, I'm not sure the 1TB storage space would suffice.

Downside # 2 is GDPR. Groups.IO is hoping that it won't apply to them.
I can see the EU commission going after both ASF and Groups.IO, if it
isn't in full compliance with GDPR. OTOH, how compliant with GDPR are
any of the ASF projects?

jonathon