From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2018 00:23:37 GMT
Hi,

-1 binding as NOTICE is incorrect. The NOTICE file need to be keep as small as possible [1]

I checked:
- incubating in file name
- signatures good although it would be best to sign with an apache.org email address
- LICENSE is fine
- NOTICE file contains wrong year (2016) and incorrectly lists files that have 3rd party ALv2
headers. Where did these files come from? It looks like here [4] which has a NOTICE file [4]
- a couple of files are missing ASF headers [2][3]
- no unexpected binary files
- Can't compile from source. Looks like I have a newer version of protobuf. May be an issue
for other people as well?

Not 100% certain but I think that the NOTICE file [5] needs to be taken into account, however
it may be that the version of the files you have were taken when no NOTICE files existed?
(It was committed in 2014? and the copyright is 2010 on those files.)

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
2. apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src/tso-server/src/main/resources/default-omid-server-configuration.yml
3. apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src/benchmarks/src/main/resources/default-tso-server-benchmark-config.yml
4.https://github.com/linkedin/MTBT/
5. https://github.com/linkedin/MTBT/blob/master/NOTICE