From Adam Feng <cxfe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is an incubating project allowed to release if it didn'tfollowApache way.
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2018 02:40:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm  Adam,  who is a committer of Weex,maybe I can clarify the confusion of Weex's release
process.

Actually,  Weex released its first version in Apache on 2017-06-08,  after that, we faced
some license problems. Facebook's BSD+Patents license was added to Category X[1] and Weex
had some dependencies which were using that license,  including our layout engine Yoga[2]
(though its newest version has changed to MIT).

Some committers found the issue[3] and started working on a new layout engine, it was a massive
work and took more time than we expected, fortunately it was nearly done. Weex will release
next version in May.

During that time, the community building and development should be continued,  so we added
some tags and some "feature notes" to the community, we will make sure they are clearly labeled
as non-Apache releases.

Sorry to make you confused.

[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x
[2] https://github.com/facebook/yoga/tree/master