From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Default webpages for new podlings
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2018 19:32:20 GMT

> This avoid unnecessary 404's for the project, and gives them some time to
> move their infrastructure over.  Once they have their website up and
> running (either migrated or created from scratch) then they can switch the
> redirect to point to their actual content.

I have a (not necessarily accurate) recollection of adding a placeholder page
in a polling setup.  It basically said

This is a placeholder for $podling {one-line description}.
For more information, please see
  * incubation proposal
  * status page
  * resources (lists, repos)
  * pre-apache project page.

I’m sure something like that could be templated for new podlings?

—
Nick Kew