From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.1.0-rc3
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 04:29:03 GMT
Hi,

> I cannot reproduce the gpg failure. On a fresh CentOS install, I ran the
> following.

I’ve double check again and it all checks out. Sorry about that must of been something at
my end.

> The original license of these files was University of Illinois
> NCSA Open Source license [3], which is Cat A and compatible with ASLv2.

I'm not 100% sure they are compatible and may be Category X.

Did you look into:
        NOTICE: This software was produced for the U. S. Government under contract W15P7T-12-C-F600
        and is subject to the Rights in Data-General Clause 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987).

From what I read (and it’s far from clear to me) that possibly imply it can only be used
for noncommercial use?

> Is your vote still a +1 if we plan to remove these two files in the 2.2.0 release? DAFFODIL-1925
[4] tracks this issue.

Yes if the above question is answered.

Thanks,
Justin