From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Absent mentors
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2018 20:26:16 GMT

> On Apr 1, 2018, at 1:15 PM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
>
> Jim Jagielski wrote on 4/1/18 10:19 AM:
>> Would it be possible to generate a short list of all current
>> mentors for all current podlings to see how many podlings
>> each mentor is signed up for? That would be a good metric
>> to know.
>
> Presuming podlings.xml is kept updated:
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/podlings.xml
>
> That now sorts by @status first, so current podlings are on top.  That's
> separate from whimsy cross-checks of what's listed in board reports and
> actual signoffs.

The clutch runs periodically and generates https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/clutch/clutchm.ent
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/clutch/clutchm.ent>

This file has each mentor listed. There are duplicates lines when people have variations on
their names in the date in podlings.xml. Probably there needs to be a fix to use username
attribute and not the mentor value in the clutch.py program.

I can see people in the list who probably don’t even think they are a mentor to a podling.

Should we send a note to all mentors recorded asking if they are still engaged?

Regards,
Dave