From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Default webpages for new podlings
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:53:24 GMT
Just to clarify, in case people are not familiar with Jekyll. It is a code generator that a
developer runs in their sandbox, and it generates the site. The developer then checks in the
site to git or svn.

So, the developer has complete control over the HTML that is checked in. They can manually
post-process the files produced by Jekyll, if they wish.

Jekyll is not in the code path running on ASF infrastructure that serves the site. The ASF
infra just sees HTML, CSS style sheets and images.

Julian