On Mar 12, 2018, at 6:23 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:57 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
On 09/03/18 21:47, Chris Lambertus wrote:
> My understanding is that any pmc-chair can create resources for any project via selfserve.a.o. It does not have to be the pmc chair of that specific project, so there should be quite a few people who can create these resources at any given time.
We trust ASF members. They have access to security@ and a bunch of other
sensitive lists and they should be familiar enough with the foundation
standards and procedures - or at least self-aware enough to know when
they don't know.

There's general agreement on that, I believe. ... But, ugh, it appears that our LDAP schema doesn't easily support this right now :-(

We'll look into how to make this happen. And open a Jira tracking issue for it.

We’ve implemented a workaround for the LDAP issue. Selfserve now allows Members as well as PMC chairs to create resources.

-Chris

Thanks,
-g