From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Absent mentors
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2018 00:03:50 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the problem is serious. I also think that signoff rate is a better
> metric in practice than it seems it would be.

That problem is indeed pretty serious and also pretty chronic.

As for the metric -- I really think that using mentor turnout on release
voting threads will serve us well.

> Adding the additional metric seems like a small step that could help.
>
> Being aggressive about removing non-mentors is a very good idea. It is best
> if mentors remove themselves, but it is imperative that the incubator has a
> realistic idea about how many mentors there really are.

Big +1 on the above. Perhaps if we:
   1. get a clear indication on release vote turnout (as part of
Incubator report)
   2. add to it the sign-off turnout

We can start at least nagging unresponsive mentors to begin
with and if behaviour doesn't improve -- suggest that podlings
start looking for a replacement.

Thanks,
Roman.