From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Self Serve & IPMC Members
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:43:38 GMT
It was I who originally raised this issue. I didn’t expect much to be done. I was very pleasantly
surprised.

Thank you to John Ament, Mark Thomas, Greg Stein and Chris Lambertus (and maybe others I am
unaware of) for each picking up the baton and driving this issue to a solution.

Julian

> On Mar 12, 2018, at 11:36 AM, Chris Lambertus <cml@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 12, 2018, at 6:23 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com <mailto:gstein@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:57 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org <mailto:markt@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> On 09/03/18 21:47, Chris Lambertus wrote:
>> > My understanding is that any pmc-chair can create resources for any project
via selfserve.a.o. It does not have to be the pmc chair of that specific project, so there
should be quite a few people who can create these resources at any given time.
>> We trust ASF members. They have access to security@ and a bunch of other
>> sensitive lists and they should be familiar enough with the foundation
>> standards and procedures - or at least self-aware enough to know when
>> they don't know.
>>
>> There's general agreement on that, I believe. ... But, ugh, it appears that our LDAP
schema doesn't easily support this right now :-(

>> We'll look into how to make this happen. And open a Jira tracking issue for it.
>

> We’ve implemented a workaround for the LDAP issue. Selfserve now allows Members as
well as PMC chairs to create resources.