From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release of Apache-Griffin-0.2.0-incubating [RC1]
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2018 00:49:27 GMT
Hi,

-1 for other reasons than stated by other people. i.e. the source file LICENSE file needs
work.

Although "unapproved licenses" is misleading as it’s just that those files don’t (and
shouldn’t) have headers.

I checked:
- incubating in artefact name
- signatures and hashes correct
- LICENSE needs some work and incorrectly lists software that is not bundled in the source
release [2]
- NOTICE year is incorrect

The start of the license file is a little odd, I suggest using the same format as other projects.
"Notices for third-party software” is confusing as they usually go in the NOTICE file not
the LICENSE file. You are also missing the full text of the Apache license.

Please do not use URL pointers to licenses, while it useful to know where it come from so
don’t remove them, these license can change over time or disappear. Pleas include the full
text of the license in question in the release and point to that. [1] Note that for both MIT
and B?SD this includes a copyright line so you can’t use the same text for all MIT or all
BSD licenses, please don’t break this up as you have done here. I suggest you follow this
[1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps