From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2018 03:37:17 GMT
Hi,

> We included exact copies of LICENSE file of depending projects.
> We can alternatively use LICENSE.ASLv2 Instead of using exact copies
> (if there are no diffs).

Yes the standard Apache license (ALv2) has the same text so no need to include it multiple
time if that is the case. [1] Note however that a lot of Apache project bundle 3rd party code
so the full license text so they may have additional text. Also if the ALv2 licensed bit of
software has a NOTICE file you need to include that in NOTICE.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep