From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Dubbo - proposal for Apache Incubation
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 14:28:01 GMT
I agree about Dubbo's formal alibaba team makes a mistake, but even so, it is still a very
popular project, and helps a lot of companies to build their distributed system.

So, let's hope the project committers and contributors could be more diverse.

Cheer,
Dubbo open source community.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking creator and PPMC member

From:  "Ian Luo";<ian.luo@gmail.com>;
Date:  Wed, Feb 7, 2018 05:36 PM
To:  "general"<general@incubator.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [PROPOSAL] Dubbo - proposal for Apache Incubation

Hi Shengqiu,

Indeed Dubbo has not been actively maintained for years since it’s publicly released in
2012. During this period, the fact is Dubbo kept expanding its user base and got quite popular
in China’s market. We realize this is a mistake, and now open-sourcing is our most important
strategy.

In order to keep the project and the community healthy, we decide to donate Dubbo to Apache.
We believe Dubbo project can keep moving forward by running with the Apache way with or without
Alibaba’s engineering team.

This is just my two cents, and hope to answer the concern from your and many others :)

Cheers,

-Ian.