From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Manually created binary data in ASF repos?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 08:29:40 GMT
Hi all,

I have a little question regarding binary data in ASF repos.
I know the policy that an ASF release should not have binary files in them. The problem I
am having is that I’m currently writing integration-tests for PLC4X. Most of the protocols
we are implementing there are binary protocols. In order to test the drivers I hereby need
to send binary data to the implementations in order to test they are functioning correctly.

Now I could define huge byte arrays in my unit-tests, or I could write them in form of separate
files. Last option had the benefit of being able to for example open them with WireShark and
have a look at them.

For this I would like to save the test-cases as pcapng files. However these are per definition:
binary data.

Would it be ok to add this type of files, or do I have to add them in-line with my test-code
as byte arrays?

Chris