From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Manually created binary data in ASF repos?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 08:52:04 GMT
Aaahh great ... happy to hear that.

Well then I'll definitely go the path of using these binary test-data files and as they will
have the ending ".pcapng" I guess most people will immediately know what they are and we'll
also point it out in the readme or where it fits best.

Chris

Am 12.02.18, 09:45 schrieb "Daniel Gruno" <humbedooh@apache.org>:

    On 02/12/2018 09:42 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    >> I have a little question regarding binary data in ASF repos.
    >
    > IMO It’s only compiled code that’s not allowed, other binary formats like image,
pdfs, fonts etc ect are all OK so this should also be OK. I can point to a number of releases
reviewed here that have had binary files (but not compiled source code) in them. Might be
a good to label them clearly so anyone who looks know what they are.

    Totally fine, yep.
    The reasoning is, we can't vote on binary _code_, only the source.
    If the binary data is test data, there is nothing to _code_ to verify.
    There are plenty of examples. We don't vote on JPEGs and PNGs either ;)