From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.1.0 release RC0
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 05:19:49 GMT
Hi,

> I have created a PR to revert the LICENSE file to the previous version. I
> have also updated this file with a few packages that were missing here.
> Link to PR - https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/9701
>
> It would be great if you could review this PR to suggest any other
> necessary changes.

Please follow the process at [1], what important is that the PPMC knows how to do this on
their own.

I would guess that a little more needs to be done than just reverting the changes as wouldn’t
that mean the feedback from the previous release would of of been reverted as well?

Double check that:
- all 3rd party bundled software is mentioned in license (it's optional if you want to put
ALv2 in there)
- that only bundled things are mentioned and that dependancies are not
- the full text of 3rd party licenses is included or pointed to from the LICENSE file

If you miss a couple that’s OK, as every thing has a permissive license, we can fix that
in a later release.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html