From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0-RC2
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 00:06:10 GMT
Hi,

> IMO, adding license information along with copyrights in NOTICE sounds
> reasonable because comparing LICENSE with NOTICE is hard when divided
> while it may be redundant.

In general only LICENSE should contain license information [1] as the NOTICE file is informational
only [2], (see d. "The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and
do not modify the License.") It also should be keep as short as possible [3] as it has an
impact on downstream ASF projects.

> BTW, can we remove "rcX" from "x.y.z-rcX" on releasing "x.y.z" without
> voting when IPMC vote passed?

You can name release artefacts however you want as long as it has “incubating” in it.
Changing the name of the release (i.e. dropping the RC bit) doesn’t effect the signature
or change the file contents so that’s fine. Best to do this via a "svn move” from the
dist/dev area to the /dist area.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#overview-of-files