From Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License headers on test data (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Beta (incubating) rc2)
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:41:10 GMT
I'd like to focus on the actual issue found, leaving the overall discussion
aside...

> I'm assuming that some of your concerns are around bullet #2 "Test data
for

> which the addition of a source header would cause the tests to fail."  The
> problem looking at this statement vs the file actually in source:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/
> master/diff/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/modules/diff/builtin/
> provider/DiffTestFile1a.txt
>
> It includes a license header "Sun Public License".  This line in the
> document is saying to exclude the header, but you're including a SPL
> header.

Obviously a mistake. Here is a fix:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/381

> Ultimately, at this point you can't remove the header since it's
> already been declared and was not included in the relicensing of Netbeans
> to Apache License.

I don't understand why I should not be allowed to fix omitted ancient
license that hasn't been fixed yet?

Best regards and keep an eye on what we do! Thanks for your findings.
-jt