From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Beta (incubating) rc2
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 11:40:16 GMT

Am 22.01.2018 um 11:01 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
> I am not sure what the point is of spending time on putting rat exclusions
> together if they’re simply going to be ignored when it comes to IPMC
> members evaluating a release. Yes, we can of course discuss those rat
> exclusions. No, they cannot simply be ignored and we cannot be confronted
> with a very long list of issues in the IPMC vote thread primarily based on
> the fact that our rat exclusions have been ignored.

sorry for jumping in here, I only know half what those files are about,
so I might be wrong. It seemed to me those are java files, that are test
files. If you make an IDE for a language, you will want tests, that
basically consist of code and are test data. And since they are test
data, they have been excluded. Since they are also code, this produces
an edge case conflict.

Now in Groovy we have also test data as code, but our tests have the
test data either embedded and sue them directly from in-memory or will
write them to disk or even produce them. Those tests then of course have
the right header and do not need to be excluded. Is that no way forward
for NetBeans?

bye Jochen