From Hank Beatty <hbea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC2
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:16:57 GMT

On 12/05/2017 06:31 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 5 December 2017 at 16:49, Hank Beatty <hbeatty@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello Incubator PMC,
>>
>> The Apache Traffic Control community has voted on and approved a
>> proposal to release Apache Traffic Control 2.1.0-incubating. We now
>> kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
>> incubator release.
>>
>> The VOTE RESULT is here:
>>
>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a180ba5e90ed0e10972f647b444d039d7fee17a79fbab3b673999556@%3Cdev.trafficcontrol.apache.org%3E
>>
>> The previous approved releases and release notes (along with links to
>> artifacts,
>> signatures/checksums, and updated documentation) can be found here:
>>
>> http://trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org/downloads/
>>
>> This release once approved will also be at this location.
>>
>> The proposed download page is here:
>>
>> file:///media/repos/incubator-trafficcontrol-website/downloads/index-new.html
>
> Rather difficult to reach this from here ... so cannot comment.
> But the existing download page has some problems - see below.

Here is the corrected link:

https://trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org/downloads/index-new.html

I believe all of the issues mentioned below have been corrected on this new page.

>> The git tag for the repository is "RELEASE-2.1.0-RC2":
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/releases/tag/RELEASE-2.1.0-RC2
>>
>> The source distribution is here:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/2.1.0/RC2/
>>
>> Build instructions are included in the BUILD.md file which is included
>> in the source artifact.
>>
>> Artifacts have been signed with the "hbeatty@apache.org" key listed in:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/KEYS
>
> Better to use the canonical location
>
> https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/trafficcontrol/KEYS

The 2 KEYS files mentioned here don't seem to match. My key isn't currently in the second
one, but understand what you
are saying.