From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC2
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 06:03:44 GMT
Hi,

-1 (binding) until category B issue resolved [3], then I would be +1 on the release.

I checked:
- incubating in release name
- signatures and hashes good
- LICENSE and NOTICE files content good
- noticed one file possibly not having the correct header [1], but all other files look good
- no unexpected binary files in release
- can mostly compile from source (with some minor issues as I’m guessing OSX isn’t a supported
platform?)

The inclusion Maxmind is CC by SA 4.0 [2] has been resolved from memory, however I'm not sure
that this file [3] which is CC by SA 3 is allowed in the release and appears to be a "category
B" file [4] (and not in binary form). I couldn’t find any discussion about on Apache lists,
has this been discussed somewhere and I just missed it?

Thanks,
Justin

1. apache-trafficcontrol-2.1.0-incubating/traffic_router/core/src/main/java/com/comcast/cdn/traffic_control/traffic_router/core/config/ConfigHandler.java
2. apache-trafficcontrol-2.1.0-incubating/licenses/CC_A_SA_4-maxmind
3. apache-trafficcontrol-2.1.0-incubating/traffic_ops/app/conf/invalid_passwords.txt
4. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b